Proposal for a REGULATION OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL on disclosures relating to sustainable investments and sustainability risks and amending Directive (EU) 2016/2341
1. This proposal is part of a series of proposals, that lay the foundations for an EU framework which puts Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) considerations at the heart of the financial system with the wider aim to support transforming Europe's economy into a greener system. On 9 March 2018 the European Commission published its Sustainable Finance Action Plan. This followed the publication of a report from the Commission-appointed High-Level Expert Group (HLEG) on sustainable finance on 31 January 2018. This earlier report offered recommendations to the Commission on how to create a sustainable finance strategy for the European Union (EU). The Commission’s action plan builds on the HLEG report and sets an EU strategy for sustainable finance.
2. The Commission’s work on sustainable finance originated in its Capital Markets Union (CMU) project. The primary objective of CMU is to create deeper and more integrated capital markets in the EU, making it quicker and easier for funds to flow around the single market, better linking investors and savers with businesses needing capital to grow.
- 10 December 2018 Glen- Boswell - 673 KB - pdf
- 10 December 2018 Glen- Cash - 665 KB - pdf
- 25 October 2018 Glen - Boswell - 772 KB - pdf
- 26 March 2019: Glen - Boswell - 916 KB - pdf
- 26 March 2019: Glen - Cash - 374 KB - pdf
- 3 October 2018 Glen - Cash - 691 KB - pdf
- Document 9357/18 - 569 KB - pdf
- Document 9357/18 Add 1 - 3 MB - pdf
- Document 9357/18 Add 2 - 416 KB - pdf
- EM 9357/18 - 149 KB - pdf