Statement of estimates of the European Commission for the financial year 2020 (Preparation of the 2020 Draft Budget) https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/about_the_european_commission/eu_budget/draft-budget-2020-wd-13-web-1.4_soe.pdf
1. The Statement of Estimates contains the Commission’s proposal for the Draft Annual Budget 2020 (DB20). This proposal will be released as a legislative Council Document and sets out the Commission’s proposal for EU expenditure in 2020. The Statement sets out: the Commission’s priorities for the 2020 Budget; how the Commission intends to ensure proper implementation; how the 2020 Budget fits into the context of the 2014-2020 MFF; and detailed figures of payments and commitments.
2. The context for DB20 is determined by the 2014-20 MFF, which sets out annual ceilings for each of the headings of Budget expenditure: Heading 1: Smart and Inclusive Growth (subdivided into Heading 1a – Competitiveness for Growth and Jobs – and Heading 1b – Economic, Social and Territorial Cohesion); Heading 2: Sustainable Growth: Natural Resources; Heading 3: Security and Citizenship; Heading 4: Global Europe; and Heading 5: Administration.
3. The proposal comprises four sections: a political overview entitled ‘Policy highlights’ (including information on objectives and outcomes for each major EU programme); line-by-line provisional figures for EU expenditure during 2020; commentary on notable changes in DB20 and staff establishment plans; and revenue forecasts for 2020.
4. The Commission proposal notes the further extension of Article 50 until 31 October 2019 and recalls that under the terms of the Withdrawal Agreement, the UK is considered as a Member State in EU budget matters until 31 December 2020.
- EM Sec(19)250 - 171 KB - pdf