Report on the annual accounts of the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency for the financial year 2016 together with the Agency’s reply
1. The Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency was established by Commission implementing Decision No 2013/776/EU repealing Decision No 2009/336/EC. The Agency’s task is to manage programmes decided by the Commission in the educational, audiovisual and cultural fields, including undertaking detailed implementation of technical projects.
2. The Agency’s budget for 2016 was 49,1 million euros (43,7 million GBP) compared to 46,9 million euros (41,7 million GBP) the year before. The number of staff employed were 442, compared to 441 in 2015.
3. The EU Court of Auditors audited the accounts of the Agency which comprise the financial statements and the reports on the implementation of the budget, as well as the legality and regularity of the transactions underlying those accounts, for the financial year ended 31 December 2016, and as required by Article 287 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU).
4. In the Court’s opinion, the Agency’s annual accounts present fairly, in all material respects, its financial position on 31 December 2016, the results of its operations, its cash flows, and the changes in net assets for the year then ended, in accordance with its Financial Regulation and with accounting rules adopted by the Commission’s accounting officer.
5. In the Court’s opinion, transactions underlying the accounts for the year ended 31 December is legal and regular in all material respects.
- ECA Report - 820 KB - pdf
- EM on ECA Report onthe Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency - 99 KB - pdf