REPORT FROM THE COMMISSION TO THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT, THE COUNCIL, THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL COMMITTEE AND THE COMMITTEE OF THE REGIONS On the mid-term evaluation of the Consumer Programme 2014-2020
1. This report from the European Commission to the European Parliament and the Council of the European Union evaluates the implementation of the 2014-2020 Consumer Programme at the midway stage.
2. The report also considers the previous wider priorities of the Commission, such as a deeper and fairer internal market, a connected Digital Single Market and a more resilient Energy Union. It also notes that the Consumer Programme supports the consumer-relevant policy contribution to sustainable consumption/circular economy initiatives, in particular in the context of the EU Circular Economy Action Plan.
Scope and Purpose
3. The purpose of the report is to assess the achievements of all the measures of the current Consumer Programme. These measures are laid out in Annex 1.
4. The report analyses the Consumer Programmes’; allocation of funds to beneficiaries, the efficiency and use of resources and the programmes added value. It also considers developments in consumer protection, relevant EU consumer policies and key interdependencies that may exist between the Consumer Programme and wider EU strategy.
5. These factors are evaluated in order to aid a decision on renewal, suspension or modifications of the actions of the Consumer Programme.