Proposal for a COUNCIL REGULATION fixing for 2019 the fishing opportunities for certain fish stocks and groups of fish stocks, applicable in Union waters and, for Union fishing vessels, in certain non-Union waters
1. This is the European Commission’s proposal to establish fishing opportunities for 2019 in the North Sea, Atlantic and other geographic areas of interest to UK fishers. It will be agreed at the Agriculture and Fisheries Council on 17 to 18 December. The proposal, in addition to establishing annual catch limits (Total Allowable Catches (TACs)), also includes agreeing effort limits for the management of certain stocks such as sole in the Western Channel. These will be carried forward into the Western Waters Multi-Annual Plan.
2. The Commission considers that their proposals are consistent with the overall objectives of the Common Fisheries Policy (CFP) to ensure that Union fisheries are ecologically, economically and socially sustainable. The Commission states the proposals are also brought forward with reference to the scientific advice of the International Council for the Exploration of the Sea (ICES). The Commission also indicates that they have taken into account the CFP commitment to bring stocks to levels that can deliver Maximum Sustainable Yield (MSY).
- 13731/18 - 739 KB - pdf
- 13731/18 + Add 1 - 5 MB - pdf
- 13731/18 + Add 2 - 1 MB - pdf
- 14 April 2019 Goodwill-Cash - 190 KB - pdf
- 14 April 2019 Goodwill-Cash attachment - 540 KB - pdf
- 14 January 2019 Eustice - Cash - 389 KB - pdf
- 16 January 2019 Eustice - Boswell - 368 KB - pdf
- 3 April 2019 Goodwill - Boswell - 393 KB - pdf
- 9 April 2019 Goodwill-Boswell - 205 KB - pdf
- 9 April 2019 Goodwill-Boswell attachment - 540 KB - pdf
- EM 13731/18 - 2 MB - pdf