Proposal for a COUNCIL DECISION on the signing, on behalf of the European Union, of an agreement in the form of an exchange of letters between the European Union and the Kingdom of Norway concerning additional trade preferences in agricultural products Adds 1-5: Annexes to the proposal
1. This Explanatory Memorandum covers proposals for the conclusion and signing of an agreement between the European Union and the Kingdom of Norway to enhance trade preferences for agricultural products. This agreement is the latest in a sequence of reviews and agreements which aim for the progressive liberalisation of agricultural trade between the EU and Norway. This review process was committed to under Article 19 of the European Economic Area (EEA) agreement, of which the EU and Norway are signatories. Article 19 states that every two years the parties will review the conditions of trade in agricultural products, and on a reciprocal basis seek to reduce trade barriers in the agricultural sector.
2. The agreement includes additional fully liberalised tariff lines. This includes meat offal, live plants, vegetables, berries and fruit juices for import from the EU into Norway; and berries, animal feeds, maple sugar and berry juices for import from Norway into the EU. There are also additional or new tariff rate quotas for more sensitive products such as meat, dairy, vegetables and ornamental plants.
- 21 January 2018 Eustice-Cash - 548 KB - pdf
- 5 December 2017 Eustice-Cash - 118 KB - pdf
- Document 13389/17 Add 1 - 373 KB - pdf
- Document 13389/17 Add 2 - 352 KB - pdf
- Document 13389/17 Add 3 - 394 KB - pdf
- Document 13389/17 Add 4 - 408 KB - pdf
- Document 13389/17 Add 5 - 377 KB - pdf
- EM 13389/17 - 101 KB - pdf
- EM Corrigendum - 69 KB - pdf