EU Budget 2019 http://ec.europa.eu/budget/biblio/documents/2019/2019_en.cfm
1. This EM will cover the Draft Annual Budget 2019 (DB19), including the proposals for the mobilisation of the flexibility instrument and the provisions for advances relating to the EU Solidarity Fund.
2. The Statement of Estimates document contains the Commission’s DB19 proposal. This proposal will be released as a legislative Council Document and sets out the Commission’s proposal for EU expenditure in 2019. The Statement sets out: the Commission’s priorities for the 2019 Budget; how the Commission intends to ensure proper implementation; how the 2019 Budget fits with the Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF); and detailed figures of payments and commitments.
3. The context for DB19 is determined by the 2014-20 MFF, which sets out annual ceilings for each of the headings of Budget expenditure: Heading 1: Smart and inclusive growth; Heading 2: Sustainable growth: natural resources; Heading 3: Security and Citizenship; Heading 4: Global Europe; and Heading 5: Administration.
4. The Statement is made up of five sections: a political presentation (including information on objectives and spending levels for each major EU programme); provisional figures for financial programming over the MFF; line-by-line information on the proposed EU spending on programmes; details of changes in budgetary remarks and staff establishment plan; and revenue forecasts for 2019. The following sets out more detail on the sections of the first of these documents: the political presentation.
- EM 10365/18 - 371 KB - pdf