Council Regulation amending Regulation (EC) No.765/2006 concerning restrictive measures in respect of Belarus
1. The attached draft Council Decision and Council Regulation prolongs the restrictive measures against Belarus for a further 12 months (until 28 February 2018) as the current measures expire on 28 February 2017.
2. The restrictive measures consist of:
• The application of the travel ban and asset freeze in respect of the four persons listed in Annex I to Decision 2012/642/CFSP;
• The arms embargo (and prohibition to export equipment that might be used for internal repression);
• An exemption to the restrictive measures to allow Member States to issue export licences for biathlon equipment.
3. It is important to note that in spite of the biathlon equipment related exemption to the restrictive measures, the export of biathlon rifles, their ammunition and sights is controlled by Regulation (EU) No.258/2012 and is therefore always subject to national level export licensing on a case by case basis.