COMMISSION RECOMMENDATION of 25.4.2018 on access to and preservation of scientific information
1. Commission Recommendation of 25.4.2018 has been adopted by the Commission.
2. The document details recommendations on access to and preservation of scientific information. It replaces Commission Recommendation 2012/417/EU of 17 July 2012. The accompanying Staff Working Document (SWD (2018) 123) outlines the evidence gathered which is the basis for updating the original recommendations.
3. The Recommendation aims to encourage member states to develop and deliver policies on open access to publicly funded scientific publications and research data and the preservation of scientific information (research and data).
4. The UK broadly welcomes the EC commission recommendations on access to and preservation of scientific information, which build on and further the open science agenda across member states. UK policy is already aligned with the recommendation.
5. The Recommendation provides scope for a range of potential responses to each recommendation, which are not overly prescriptive, whilst being appropriately clear on expectations.